At Clearbrook Coffee Company, each origin is roasted to precision in our gas fueled roaster. Temperature, flame intensity, and length of the roasting process are all carefully monitored to ensure unique and optimal flavour profiles.
After the roasting process is complete, each batch is cupped to guarantee consistency and quality
While we strive to ensure you receive the finest hand-crafted coffee, there are things you can do to guarantee you get the most out of your beans.
- Buy coffee in small quantities as needed, in whole bean form. The fresher your beans, the better!
- Beans should be stored in a cool, air tight container (ceramic is best), not in your freezer. Freezing coffee can damage the oils that are essential for flavour, as well as allowing other, less pleasant odours to permeate your beans.
- Grind beans immediately before brewing for the freshest coffee.
- Use a burr grinder for a consistent cup of coffee with the most exceptional flavour. Blade grinders chop instead of crushing, resulting in uneven particles, which give you inconsistent results and uneven flavour.
- Water accounts for 99% of your brewed coffee, so use the best! Cold, fresh and filtered is the way to go.
- Use 2 tbsp (10 grams) for each 6 oz cup.
Optimal brewing temperature is 93C (195-205f). Anything less and the flavour extraction is not complete. Most home brewers fail to achieve this temperature. Looking for one that will? The SCAA has approved the following home brew machines – Technivorm Moccamaster, Lance Larkin BE 112 Brew Express, Bunn HG Home Brewer, and the Bonavita 8 Cup Exceptional